BREAKING THE ICE AROUND RAPE
The following link is a statistical video on rape I think we should all take the time to watch the video and benefit off it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRw29QDvsjE

The following link is a statistical video on rape I think we should all take the time to watch the video and benefit off it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRw29QDvsjE
For those who have an open mind this will be educational. My blog challenges the perception of how weak men are individually. Men have to see that it doesn't matter how physically strong you are or look, it’s just that men are hardened to believe the fact that they won’t ever be victimized in such act of rape.
Over the past years we always hear cases on women getting. You know the whole a woman walking outside alone at night and gets pulled into and alley and gets raped. Rape has always been a discussion open for woman and we never hear about men getting raped. Did you know there actually so many men who have been affected by sexual abuse? It’s always about girls & women’s so men feel ignored to come out and say they've been raped. Most of these men ashamed & embarrassed to tell their families. Men feel like they can’t talk about it, then it’s only going to harm their feelings.

Most girls who party hard and then just happened to be penetrated by the guys in the party and she enjoyed every bit until later she realizes it was wrong and decides to file for rape. No if you ask me that is not rape. The thing is when people hear stories like this they build up so much sympathy for the poor little girl who just partied too hard. Don’t get me wrong it was still wrongful for the men to perform such act but don’t you think maybe the girl and the guys who were involved in that incident should get educated on drugs and alcohol. Giving the men prison time really, isn't prison were most of the men rape occur,so is it really fair to punish these men who partied too hard to prison time so they can now have a high percentage of getting raped.
All I’m trying to say is that we should be careful when we use the word rape. Rape is such a strong word and I feel that sometimes society gets carried away when using the word rape. Like let’s take the following for an example. When a girl gets brutally beaten up by a guy whether in a dark alley way or in broad daylight at a bus stop. In your opinion would you consider that as rape? Be honest. I bet you if the media told you the same story they can influence you into believing that the girl was raped. I really think we should be cautious of the word rape and know when to use it.
I think society should be teaching don’t get raped rather saying strange men are dangerous. This is heartbreaking because if you look at it statistically wise 73% of rapes have been done by someone the victim knows. So by saying strange men are dangerous is just downgrading men. This is one reason why men don’t come out and say they've been raped. I mean who would take them serious right? We are all so brainwashed that only women get raped. In conclusion we need to change our views when we hear the word rape and be open minded to the fact that men to get raped.

Discussion Question:
What are some ways we can prevent rape?
When you hear the word rape what are the first thoughts that run in your mind?
Discussion Question:
What are some ways we can prevent rape?
When you hear the word rape what are the first thoughts that run in your mind?
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteNot knowing we both posted blog posts on similar topics I'm completely familiar with what you trying to get around to. Last semester in my Challenge and Change class we had an assignment to create a statistical blog post named Mr.Representation as a replica of Miss.Representation. ***link below. To directly quote from myself I agree that rape is not a gender crime, 'No one really associate rape victims to be male mostly because less than 10% of male rape victims actually report to authorities. Men are supposed to be tough, and strong, especially stronger than women. So as a victim they are often laughed at. Specifically because men are suppose to love sex, they’re suppose to take every opportunity to engage in sexual acts. So why would an individual who loves sex, be forced to participate in these acts?
ReplyDeletePlain and simple, these stereotypes of untrue." With less shelters and serious aid for abused; sexually or domestically, men are left with a lot less then women. Even though women do for a fact get raped more often then men, it doesn't diminish the fact that males do get abused by females.
http://mr-representationn.tumblr.com/
and when I hear the term rape, sexual ASSAULT comes to mind, not necessarily sexual harassment. And being gender neutral on this topic, I don't only see this crime as male to female, but female to male, female to female and male to male also. This is the number one reason why in my post when I included the Oxford definition for rape; "the crime.... of forcing another person to have sexual intercourse with the offender against their will," I replaced a few words with four periods which originally read; "typically committed by a man." Even though this is true, I felt that it wasn't necessary to include.
Also, with re-reading your last paragraph I am completely disagree. Parents, Elders, Media, Institutions should teach both men and women not to rape, than teach potential victims to try their best to not get raped. One shouldn't have to cover themselves up, or drink less, or not be in a private area with the opposite sex(or same sex) because the offender didn't have the ability to restrain themselves from not raping.
In regards to the statement, "So by saying strange men are dangerous is just downgrading men. This is one reason why men don’t come out and say they've been raped, " I feel that you are contradicting yourself. Within the two sentences you are comparing the offender(strange, dangerous man) to the rape victim(weak(er) men). So to clarify, males don't report rape because they are offended for constantly being targeted for doing the raping? I disagree, It is the gender norn that males are suppose to be inferior to women so being weak er than a women automatically doesn't "make you a man". Also men are known to be sexual beings, and the fact that being a victim of rape means you refused sex and were then forced upon also goes against the social normality and doesn't only out the male for being a rape victim, but also for being 'weak', 'unmanly', and a 'sissy'.
I liked how you touched upon this. this topic is very intriguing because you are the only who has talked about not only do women get raped but men get raped as well. i don't think that anyone has ever thought of men getting raped since all you hear about is women or young teens getting raped from people who want to do this kind of despicable thing. When it comes to your first question, i'd like to say that there isn't really a good method to stop criminals or anybody from raping young teens, men or women.
ReplyDeleteAll we can do is tell them to go in groups with their friends or not go outside without someone being there with you. Rapes most likely don't occur when you are with a crowd of people. It most likely occurs when you are alone and scared. Personally I wouldn't want to get sexually assaulted by a random man on the street so I, either go with friends or not go out at all.
When I hear the word rape the first thing that comes to my mind is a women, not a man getting raped. I've always thought that only women get raped but never thought of it happening to men at all. This blog Mr. Ali has changed my perspective on rape all together.
Overall I think that one of the many possible ways to prevent rape is either go outside with your friends or don't go outside at all. Other people may have a better solution but this is just what I would do and what other people should do as well to prevent themselves from getting raped.
I'm sorry, but I agree yet disagree with you. I don't understand why someone must prevent, or limit themselves and their daily lives just because someone feels the need to rape someone. Rape could be prevented just like murder but not by scaring the victim to a point of never being alone because ultimately its giving the rapist more power which is what they want.
DeleteLike I said people have other opinions on this matter of preventing rape. This is just one of the options that I would take. People don't have to actually take the advice that I have given. :)
Delete